Having gorgeously groomed brows can transform your face, play up your eyes, and reveal a more confident you. Deciding on the best brow shape for your face, in the long run, is not an easy process.
There are five basic eyebrow shapes and waxing will help you find the best natural brow shape and that compliments your face. Waxing specialists will be able to work with you to make sure that you love the end result.
Now there might be a question in your mind about why should we quit threading for waxing?
Well to answer that we know that eyebrow threading involves using cotton thread to remove those short rows of unnecessary hair from your brow. While eyebrow threading is a relatively new technique in America but in reality is an ancient hair removal technique that was first discovered in Asia for eyebrow hair removal, there are some drawbacks to it.
Waxing is a faster and less painful solution than threading. Since threading removes each hair slowly and individually, it can be a more painful and uncomfortable experience than waxing. With waxing, you can achieve a sharper, cleaner brow shape that lasts longer. Threading can also be difficult on sensitive skin, especially if you are an acne sufferer.
Nowadays waxing has become one of the most popular facial hair removal techniques available in the market, especially when it comes to eyebrows among women. People fear that waxing hurts & it does. People tend to treat waxing as a last resort for that very reason.
The good news is you don’t have to get it done that often. A good eyebrow waxing can easily last a couple of weeks or more. Waxing will accomplish the same results as tweezing but in a shorter amount of time with the less painful method.
If you decide to wax your eyebrows, you should choose to do so about once every two weeks. It really depends on the person, because some people will require more frequent waxing, while others may last far longer before they need a touch-up. Over time, experts suggest that repeated waxing may even reduce hair growth by weakening or killing hair follicles.
While opting for Waxing our eyebrow we should keep in mind a few things that will help us to get the minimal result for a long time along with health benefits for our skin-
1. Good hygiene practice is best carried out before and after waxing to avoid skin pimples afterward.
2. When waxing avoids using products that contain AHA’s as this can make the skin more fragile.
3. Avoid applying make-up to the area directly afterward as the follicles are open which can lead to pimples.
4. It is recommended to stay out of direct sunlight or using sunbeds the day before and after your waxing as UV exposure can make the skin more sensitive.
5. If you are on your period it may be worth rescheduling your waxing appointment. Fluctuations in hormones during your period can increase sensitivity so you may find it more painful than usual.
When it comes to grooming your brows, there are so many possibilities. Waxing your eyebrows is great if you’re looking for a quick, long-lasting result. But frequently visiting salon and spa, the prices can really add up to your budget.
If you want to save some money, try waxing your brows at home. There are plenty of at-home waxing kits that require minimal effort. The following steps will help you in the long run when you opt to try waxing your brows-
1. Before getting started with Waxing have all the necessary tools in your possession. You’ll, therefore, need a wax warmer, a pre-wax cleanser, muslin strips, wooden applicators, wax remover, tweezer, baby lotion, and post-wax aloe lotion.
2. Wipe the cleaner off with a damp washcloth. Also, put a little baby powder in the palm of one hand, pinch a bit out and sprinkle some onto both brows.
3. Start by marking the desired shape of your brow, which will, in turn, make waxing easier. You can also alternatively use a makeup brush to apply powder to mark the shape.
4. Start heating the wax based on the time that is given in the instructions of the waxing kit. If the kit you’re using doesn’t have a warmer, then you can keep it in the microwave or in a small container on the stove.
5. For obvious safety reasons, only wax one brow at a time so that you can concentrate on what you’re doing. If you feel jittery at all doing it yourself, then stop and have someone else it apply it for you. Use the applicator for applying the wax in the same direction that your hair grows. Make sure it covers the entire area; though it’s not necessary to make it too thick either.
6. Cover the area with one of the enclosed strips. Leave a little extra on the side to help you remove it. Using your fingers, rub over the strip in the same direction as the hair. Allow it to sit for several seconds.
7. Without hesitating remove the strip with a single pull on the opposite direction of your hair growth. If by chance any hair remains replace the strip and pull again.
8. To remove excess hair using tweezers. To get rid of the remaining wax use baby oil. Follow these same steps to wax the other eyebrow.
So the next time you are looking for getting rid of those bushy eyebrows consider ditching your old school threading method and try waxing your brows. We bet you will love the results.