How often do you shave your body hair? Hair removal is one heck of a thing. Probably something women need to get done multiple times a month and for these purposes, proper tools and techniques are required. Have you ever noticed small hair still remaining even after waxing or shaving? This seems very irritating. But the end is over!
Besides salon waxing and razor tools, there is a tool available for a quick and close shave. These are known as epilators and epilators are the best friend every woman needs in their life. Removal of hair is also called epilation and thus the name of the tool epilator gives proper sense to its name.
Epilators are small and curvy electric tools with trimmers on top which helps you to remove body hair quickly and easily. Sounds interesting right? Get yourself an epilator for smooth and soft skin.
The ultimate use of epilators is the removal of hair. These go sliding on your body with its trimmers doing all the work of removing your small hair from its roots.
Every epilator works for the same purpose, but it also depends on the type of epilator you have and it’s working. Knowing the working principles of these types of tools is very important, after all, it’s a matter of your beauty.
STEPS TO CHOOSE BEST EPILATORS
- Understanding your skin type is very important to select the kind of epilator you need. Women tend to have very sensitive skin, so this step of understanding one’s skin first must not be eliminated or avoided. For sensitive skin, it’s best to select epilators with skin-friendly caps and technologies which don’t cause irritation to the skin.
- Speed control of an epilator must be mentored, some of the top epilators come with adjustable speed controls. And it can be adjusted according to the need. Higher speed for areas where it is easy to remove hair and lower speed for areas that are difficult to remove hair properly.
- There are two types of epilators, one comes with the cord and another comes without a cord that is a cordless epilator. Cordless epilators are battery-driven which are rechargeable while the other needs a direct power supply. However, battery-driven epilators are good as they are travel-friendly.
- Epilation on dry skin is easy and smooth. But in wet skin hair bends down to skin which makes it a little difficult. However wet epilation is user-friendly and can be more effective than dry epilation. Epilators with a cord cannot be used for wet epilation.
- Tweezers are present on the top of epilators which helps in removing the hair from its roots. Some of the epilators have a number of tweezers which makes it easy and takes less time to get the work done. Epilators with less number of tweezers also remove hair with efficiency but take a little more time than later.
- Some epilators come with a built-in LED which makes it easy to view if the hair in that area is removed perfectly or not. Epilators with these features must be on the top priority list when buying.
- Device cleaning is the most important step in maintaining hygiene. So it is always best to look at the accessories of the epilator. Buy an epilator that comes with a cleaning brush.
- Price-wise, epilators start from $3 and also range up to $200, so it is always one call to buy into their budget.
Let us now look into some of the best epilators which will help in removing hair efficiently and quickly.
Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579
Braun is one of the most efficient and good brands for female grooming products and its epilator is one of the most recommended epilators all over the world. It comes with 40 number of tweezers and is also cordless, which means it can be used for both wet and dry epilation.
It has 5 attachments to itself, they are Facial, Skin contact, Trimmer, Shaver, and Facial brush. The best part about this epilator is it comes with a smart light and dual speed settings. Smart light will help to check the area of epilation more precisely and speed settings will help you to control the speed of the epilator.
- Can extract small hair and give a soothing experience
- Can be recharged and used for both dry and wet epilation
- 40% wider with 40 tweezers
- A little expensive
- Cant be used while recharging.
Braun Silk-épil 7 – 7681
This has a very sleek and professional design with a lot of advantages. It can also be used by men as it is a unisex epilator. This has 40 tweezers and is a cordless epilator. The cordless epilator works both for dry and wet epilation. It comes with a dual voltage system of 110 and 240 volts each.
It has the efficiency of removing hair as less than 0.05 mm. It comes with a smart light and dual speed settings. It is the other epilator from the brand Braun. This epilator is also washable so it is mess-free and is very easy to clean.
- Comes with one year warranty
- Washable and easy to use
- Needs to be charged fully to use
Philips Satinelle HP6401
This is the affordable and best epilator by a brand named Phillips. Phillips has been a very trusted brand in terms of grooming needs. This epilator comes with 21 tweezers, which are quite good at the price it is offering. It can work best on larger and curvy areas and this comes with a cord and hence can be only used for dry epilation.
It has only one attachment of efficiency and looks very attractive packaging wise. It doesn’t support smart light and thus smaller areas cannot be seen precisely. It supports dual-speed control and dual voltage of 110 and 240 volts each.
- Inexpensive and affordable
- Compact design is easy to carry.
- It is a little noisy and only suitable for dry skin
- It might be painful as there is no massaging cap.
Emjoi Emagine AP-18
This is currently the fastest epilator of 2019. It comes with 72 tweezers, which is currently the most no. of tweezers in an epilator. It has dual opposed tweezers that stretch the skin and pull out even the smallest of the hair. Itis ideal to eliminate the hair from the bikini line, underarms, legs, and chin, etc.
It is a corded epilator which needs to be charged directly from the power supply. However, It cannot be used for wet epilation. It doesn’t come with a smart light but has a dual speed setting and dual voltage of 110 and 240 volts each.
- Cost-effective epilator
- 72 tweezers, making the work easy
- No smart light
- No wet epilation
- No facial tweezers.
It is the most affordable dry and wet epilator. It has a very sleek and professional design which makes it very easy for epilation. It easily gets align with body areas. It comes with 48 tweezers, which is quite good for quick epilation. It is a cordless type of epilator that can be used for both dry and wet epilation.
It needs to be recharged and it takes 1 hour to charge completely. It comes with 6 attachments which are a shaver, Gentle Cap, Bikini Comb, Precise Cap, Pedicure Buffer and Dual Disc Header. The best part about this epilator is, it comes with a smart light, dual speed control, and dual voltage system.
- Number of tweezers
- 2-year warranty
- No facial cap provided
- Small battery timing
Philips HP6576 Satin Perfect Deluxe Epilator
This satin perfect deluxe epilator will help you get smooth and soft skin. It comes with a rechargeable battery which takes up to 40 minutes to recharge fully. It is a great epilator when you are in a hurry to get your shave done. It comes with 32 tweezers, which makes the epilation very easy. It can be used for facial as well as body hair.
This is a cord + cordless epilator which can be used for dry and wet epilation. It comes with 4 attachments, Shaver, Trimmer, hair lifter, Massaging pivoting cap. It also has the feature of smart light, dual speed settings, and dual voltage.
- Comes with a massaging system
- 2-year warranty
- Supports quick charging
- Makes heavy noise
Braun Silk-épil 5 5-280
This is the most interesting epilator from Braun. This can be easily changed from shaver to trimmer by changing the cap. It comes with 40 tweezers which are quite good for perfect epilation. It is a corded epilator, which can only be used for dry epilation. It comes with 3 attachments, Shaver, Trimmer, and Efficiency.
This machine also comes with a massaging system that can provide comfort to the skin while epilation. It also comes with a smart light, dual speed settings and dual voltage system of 110 and 240 volts each. This is a very impressive product from the company Braun.
- High-frequency massaging system.
- Washable head and 2-year warranty
- Lack of facial caps
- Wet epilation is not possible
Epilady Legend 4th Generation EP-810-33
Epilady is a brand that used the technique of spring coiling type. It comes with a dual-speed setting which means it can tweeze around 3200 per minute at higher speed and slow speed tweezing may be possible for curvy and small areas. This device is very easy to handle and very comfortable to use.
It also comes with a perfect angle guide which helps in aligning in a proper way. It comes with 40 tweezers and is both cord and cordless. It does not have a smart light. Dual speed settings and dual voltage are also supported. It is the best epilator from the brand Epilady.
- Perfect angle cap
- Speed setting option
- 1-year warranty
- No Led light
- No wet epilation.
Emjoi Epi Slim Epilator
It is a very slim appliance. It is a very compact and lightweight epilator. This is the best epilator for the face and is very easy to carry. It is a travel-friendly epilator and comes with a 2AA battery which is rechargeable. It has less number of tweezers which is why it suits to remove the facial hair.
It comes without a cord which means it can be used for both dry and wet epilation. It doesn’t come with attachments, smart light, and dual-speed settings. It comes with a dual voltage AA batteries. Smaller and sensitive areas can be easily shaved.
- Inexpensive and worth
- Very easy to carry
- 1-year warranty
- Not for larger areas
- No Led light
- No wet epilation
- Lack of dual speed
Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator – AP 10R
This company manufactures the best and cheap epilators. This is a cute and small, nicely shaped epilator that is easy to use and gives a good grip to remove hair. It can be operated in both cord and cordless mode. It works great on dry skin, so only dry epilation works best.
Wet epilation can be a little harder. It comes with 36 tweezers which are good for quick epilation. It supports both cord and cordless epilation. It doesn’t come with a smart light and dual-speed setting. It comes with a dual voltage of 110 voltage. This is a very short and travel-friendly epilator.
- This is hypoallergenic
- Compact size and travel-friendly
- No built-in light
- Not suitable for wet epilation.